Summer is coming to a close and while we still have time to enjoy the beaches, it’s a great time to think about transitioning into the new season ahead.
One of my FAVORITE things to take into Fall – is the sleeveless, always classic:
A LINE DRESS.
This sophisticated style hides the hips and accentuates the waist. It’s a dream silhouette for women with beautiful curves and I like it equally as well on a more boyish frame – adding that feminine flounce and bringing some movement and balance to the hips.
The A-Line, sleeveless dress is the epitome of a wear now, wear later essential. As the weather cools, bring out those cropped jackets, (leather is a must) or a slim, long sleeve top to layer your dress. Add tights and either tall or short boots, or a classic pump and VOILA, you’ve successfully transitioned this look beautifully into Fall.
If you want to update your wardrobe with a few new fit in flare styles, now is the time. I shopped and found these gorgeous silhouettes at BARGAIN prices. Grab them while your sizes are still in stock.
Yours in style,
http://www.societyofshop.com/shop/Work it in the Workplace
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
Have you ever walked into a space or a room and felt immediately at peace when you love what you see? Our human bodies respond instantly to the energy around us through emotion and feeling. Recently, I had a wonderful conversation with one of my styling clients about energy, flow and the power of organization in the home, a.k.a Feng Shui. It inspired me to reflect and I noticed how much clutter we tend to accumulate, even when we think we are organized and neat. Every space in your home should be clear of clutter and confusion. Every Friday I am going to help you focus on bringing Feng Shui into every space in your home helping you to maximize the abundance that is coming your way. Let it flow!!!!!
Let’s begin, as any good stylist would, in your closet. Feng Shui, is the Chinese art of organizing your space to reduce or remove bad luck and maximize good fortune. Your closet, like the rest of your house, should be clean, clear of clutter and exuding warmth. In other words, what you need is a Feng Shui makeover. Following are ways in which you can organize your closet the Feng Shui way:
Let’s keep it simple……….
- Pull everything out of your closet – clean and wipe down and give your closet a fresh coat of paint if necessary.
- Look into some type of organization system. Incorporate decorative boxes and storage pieces and look into closet organizing systems sold at stores or inquire with local closet experts. This will maximize your organization and make your closet appealing to the eye.
- Use all the same hangers
- Organize your clothing by category – long sleeve blouses – short sleeve- pants – skirts – blazers – dresses, next in each category organize by color – light to dark.
- Clear anything you haven’t worn in a year and pieces you do NOT LOVE! You are on your way to building a closet full of clothes you that absolutely make you feel fabulous.
- Donate and/or Consign the pieces that no longer serve you, they will serve someone else.
- If you have any feeling of “guilt” around an item of clothing for example, this feeling may be based on how much you spent on it at one time. This is not a positive, productive emotion and the past is gone, the future is now and the power is in the present, remove these items to free up room for more goodness.
You are on your way to maximizing the greatness that your life has in store for you.
Happy Feng Shui Friday, looking forward to following up with you soon.
Yours in style,
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged 2015 fashion, clothing, extraordinary, fashion tips, fashionblogger, Fend Shui, organization, shopstyle, style, stylist | 2 Comments »
The culottes’ trend was named one the top trends for Spring this year and there are clear fashion rules when it comes to rocking this new crop pant look. I love this look for the office as well as for a daytime or evening event. It’s a refreshing modern option to update your trousers for the Spring and Summer seasons.
- ALWAYS wear with a heel, stiletto or a feminine wedge. Keep your shoes slim with clean lines and as high as you can comfortably go in order to balance the width of the leg. All shoes found on Zara.com.
- Always wear a more structured, polished and fitted top. Proper balance and proportion are key in pulling together a rocking, runway look for everyday. Monochromatic is an easy always stunning option as well as contrasting black and white for more dramatic appeal. If your chosen culotte style is a bit more narrow than wide, you can go with a slightly looser sweater or blouse. Balance is key!
ownow.com found on pinterest
glamradar.com found on pinterest
lovely-pepa.com found on pinterest
Have fun trying this trend and you can always try it affordably at QVC.com. QVC host Gabrielle Kerr gave them a try and the viewers gave this trend a thumbs UP!
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged 2-15spring, beautiful, black pant, clothes, culottes, fashion, fashionblogger, qvc, QVCHOST, springtrends, style | Leave a Comment »
Oprah has stated in her bra revolution series that 8 out of 10 women are wearing the wrong size bra. In my own personal styling experiences, I would confidently state that every single woman I have dressed over a span of 20 years has been wearing the wrong bra size. Why do women wear the wrong bra? Your bra becomes that piece that you put on with an autopilot motion and it stays in your drawer for years without a thought of updating. Young and old, slim or curvy, every single woman needs to go for a professional fitting every six months to ensure that you are wearing the right size and that you have proper coverage. Why do you need a new bra? It is one of the most important foundation pieces to your wardrobe and you will instantly look better in your clothing. I have seen tears shed once women experience a proper fitting bra, it is life altering in the best way. There are few areas of your wardrobe that you really need to invest and undergarments should be where your start.
Where to begin. I recommend heading to Nordstrom or to Soma Intimates where the experts can measure and direct you to the right brand for your body. Begin building your bra wardrobe with a wear with everything nude, seamless bra that looks best under a simple white tee and beyond. Next, I would add a smooth, seamless black and then have some fun with something sexy and textured for those fun, evening outfits.
Next on your list is a body smoother, a must have for under all skirts and dresses. It will smooth and shape your belly and thighs giving you an instant boost of confidence. My favorites come from Assets, made by Spanx and found at Target, I recommend one in nude for under your lighter fabrics and one black for your darker bottoms. You will find a new found confidence when you smooth out your bottom half!
Begin your day putting on the best undergarments and I promise you will love your look.
Yours in style,
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged beautiful, best, body, bra, confidence, polish, spanx, style, undergarments | Leave a Comment »
Fashion trends change in the blink of an eye and season to season style is an ever evolving movement. How do you keep up fashionably and affordably? My fashion wish for you in 2015 is that as you enter into this new year, new you, better than EVER mindset with a focus on connecting your clothing with your inner being and messaging. I wish for you to make wardrobe choices that you LOVE which in turn will fully support your 2015 better than EVER goals! It’s time to elevate how you look and how you feel when you make when you open your closet each morning. Oprah said it best in her “What I Know For Sure” book, “your purchases should delight you and enhance your life.”
Many of you are loving the athleisure trend for your casual wardrobe. It’s popularity embraces fashion and function with comfortable and chic pieces that fit your life and flatter your shape. Our Legacy skirted leggings have been hugely popular with their attached skirt for instant appeal, style, modesty and versatility. Here are some inspirational combinations to pair with your skirted legging wardrobe.
Have fun mixing and matching this winter. Faux fur and plaid are stylish and fun combos. Add a sparkly necklace to your casual sweater and vest for a pop of glam. Layering continues to be important to keep you warm this winter and on trend. Layer with fine pieces that are polished and don’t add bulk. Try our rayon rich, shaping tee from Legacy, found on QVC. It’ secret shaping power smoothes your upper body, tummy and the back of your arms while leaving you room to wear your favorite bra. You will never wear another cotton tee again when you see how flattering this looks on your shape. It is your tee for layering or to wear alone for ALL seasons. Splurge on a designer pair of sunglasses and a special handbag that fits your personality and your needs, these two accessories elevate every outfit!!
This is going to be YOUR year to shine!
Yours in style,
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged athleisure, casual, fashion, legacy, musthave, qvc, style | 3 Comments »
The woman of today desires a wardrobe to be comfortable yet stylish, relaxed yet chic. You want versatile pieces that work for your life and enhance your figure and your spirit of style. As a wardrobe stylist for over 20 years, it is often challenging to find pieces that work for woman of all shapes and sizes and that fit a variety of lifestyles. Well, ladies after 20 years, I have found THE piece that is every womans and stylists dream! The skirted legging is the new black pencil skirt, your new staple for everyday. Legacy brings you this must have silhouette in a variety of fabrics: cotton, ponte knit, rayon as well as the ever chic, faux leather and suede. This look takes you from your morning walk or yoga class to dinner, errands, work, and it’s your perfect travel and vacation piece. Expand your wardrobe and look more styled than you ever dreamed, for your amazing life.
Ten’s of thousands of woman are wearing the skirted legging and I am often asked how to style it. I wanted to put together a blog that brings you fashion inspiration for your skirted legging wardrobe. If you’re a newbie to the skirted legging you can find our original cotton version on the QVC website. Search the QVC website for Legacy skirted leggings to find all of our fabric choices.
Expand your casual wardrobe version beyond simple sweaters and tops, layering continues to be a big trend and here are some ideas on how to layer like a pro. These sweaters and combinations will look AMAZING with any of the Legacy skirted bottoms. Go for the faux leather skirted legging for an edgier daytime or evening look or start with a cotton skirted or Ponte knit for a daytime “go to” piece. The printed skirted legging choices will also give you the confidence to wear a print on your bottom half without the worry that it makes you look bigger. You are going to look slim, smooth and stylish as the built in skirt instantly slims the hips, thighs and butt.
Here’s to a new year filled with endless style options for your everyday life! Effortless and easy styling for you in 2015.
Yours in style,
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged athleisure, fashion, legacy, legging, qvc, skirt, skirted legging, style | Leave a Comment »
We LOVE our leggings for Fall but your denim may need a little attention. You will know if you are in need of a denim do-over if you answer yes to any of these questions:
- Do you currently own more than 6 pairs of denim but you keep on wearing the same ones over and over?
- Do you currently have just one shade of denim?
- Have you pulling from the same stack of denim for more than 3 years?
Denim is a wardrobe staple that you count on season to season so it may be the perfect time to refresh and renew this timeless bottom. Your figure flattering, favorite pair of jeans can be cuffed, worn long and with a variety of different shoes that range from tall boots to flat shoes and everything in between. Fall fashion means that you can find all different types of denim to suit your shape and your personality. You can easily find boot cut, straight leg, skinny jeans or boyfriend styles that are offered in all shades of blue from a light or bleached wash to a medium or dark wash. So, how do you begin this refresh process? I like to keep it simple because having great style is effortless and easy with the right pieces.
- Begin by purging the denim you don’t wear and get real about which ones you really LOVE! You should ONLY WEAR THE ONES YOU LOVE! Life is too short, love how you look EVERYDAY, this is the goal.
- Purchase 3 new pairs of denim that fits and flatters your shape TODAY. 1) a dark boot cut pair 2) a dark straight leg pair 3) a pair of light boyfriend jeans. My favorites updates come from the GAP, their 1969 denim offers a variety of styles and fit for every shape and its affordable!
- Create your own mannequin! Get ideas on how to mix up your denim looks by paying attention to what you admire. Take a look on Pinterest and see what denim outfits inspire you. Do you like to layer, do you like to dress up with leather pieces and great boots? Do you prefer to mix and match your weekend wear? Perhaps you can try having fun with a fabulous army color jacket, ivory knit sweater, great scarf and brown riding boots? Well, the point is – your style options are endless!!!
Your true style begins evolving NOW, enjoy creating looks that you love. YOU are the woman you admire!
Yours in style,
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged basic, denim, fashion, gap, must have, style, wardrobe | Leave a Comment »