Have you ever walked into a space or a room and felt immediately at peace when you love what you see? Our human bodies respond instantly to the energy around us through emotion and feeling. Recently, I had a wonderful conversation with one of my styling clients about energy, flow and the power of organization in the home, a.k.a Feng Shui. It inspired me to reflect and I noticed how much clutter we tend to accumulate, even when we think we are organized and neat. Every space in your home should be clear of clutter and confusion. Every Friday I am going to help you focus on bringing Feng Shui into every space in your home helping you to maximize the abundance that is coming your way. Let it flow!!!!!
Let’s begin, as any good stylist would, in your closet. Feng Shui, is the Chinese art of organizing your space to reduce or remove bad luck and maximize good fortune. Your closet, like the rest of your house, should be clean, clear of clutter and exuding warmth. In other words, what you need is a Feng Shui makeover. Following are ways in which you can organize your closet the Feng Shui way:
Let’s keep it simple……….
- Pull everything out of your closet – clean and wipe down and give your closet a fresh coat of paint if necessary.
- Look into some type of organization system. Incorporate decorative boxes and storage pieces and look into closet organizing systems sold at stores or inquire with local closet experts. This will maximize your organization and make your closet appealing to the eye.
- Use all the same hangers
- Organize your clothing by category – long sleeve blouses – short sleeve- pants – skirts – blazers – dresses, next in each category organize by color – light to dark.
- Clear anything you haven’t worn in a year and pieces you do NOT LOVE! You are on your way to building a closet full of clothes you that absolutely make you feel fabulous.
- Donate and/or Consign the pieces that no longer serve you, they will serve someone else.
- If you have any feeling of “guilt” around an item of clothing for example, this feeling may be based on how much you spent on it at one time. This is not a positive, productive emotion and the past is gone, the future is now and the power is in the present, remove these items to free up room for more goodness.
You are on your way to maximizing the greatness that your life has in store for you.
Happy Feng Shui Friday, looking forward to following up with you soon.
Yours in style,